FED up with chiringuittos and tapas bars that all look the same? Then head to the Termino de Casares for a truly unique experience at The Roman Oasis.
As owner Paul Hickling readies himself to pull the curtain down on the restaurant’s 34th summer, time is running out to sample the extravagance of the Oasis!
Andalucia’s most eccentric restaurant, The Roman Oasis shuts its doors on August 31 for another year.
“It really is book now or miss out,” Paul says. “We are already booked up for closing night but there are still tables available for the next two weeks.”
Near the celebrated Roman baths, La Hedionda, up the road from the Lidl in Sabinillas, hence the name, the summer barbeque restaurant is well-known on the coast for its delicious food and delightfully quirky decor. (Not to mention resident parrot Ruby, who can be heard repeating orders across the restaurant.)
A full-size cannon, a skeleton that lights up when you walk past and a King Arthur’s sword wedged in one of the tables are all part of the world of owner Paul Hickling.
Once the stomping ground of TV chef Keith Floyd (this was his favourite restaurant in Spain) The Roman Oasis should not be missed.
Guests dine in a charming courtyard under the stars, entertained and looked after by Paul, easily one of the coast’s most ebullient and amusing hosts.
For more information call 952 892 380 or visit www.romanoasis.com
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36