AN earthquake of 3.5 magnitude struck in the Strait of Gibraltar last night with the tremors felt all over the Campo.
Alarmed residents from Gibraltar, La Linea, San Roque and Duquesa reported walls moving and tables shaking when the quake struck around 9pm.
There were no reports of any injuries, but the fire brigade were forced to evacuate the cinema and the Bahia Plaza in Los Barrios.
More than 260 alarmed residents around the Campo de Gibraltar called the emergency services.
“I was in the patio giving my daughters their dinner when I felt the windows and the walls move. It was brief, but very noticeable,” said Los Barrios resident Alicia Macías.
There has been no serious damage to buildings following the quake, which had a depth of 6km.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00