FIVE migrants have been taken to hospital after becoming trapped atop a border fence in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta.
They were part of a group of around 150 migrants who were attempting to enter Spain from neighbouring Morocco by climbing over the six-meter-high wire fence.
The video shows dozens of stuck migrants sitting on top of the fences which are covered in barbed wire.
They were eventually brought down by a crane before five were taken to hospital for minor injuries and the rest were returned to Morocco.
The UN Refugee Agency – the UNHCR – are now monitoring the situation ‘with care’, and have reminded Spain of their obligation to provide asylum to those in need of protection.
Ceuta and Melilla are Spanish territories that border North Africa, making them popular entry points for migrants attempting to get to Europe.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22