BEERS and bratwursts will be aplenty at Torrox’s annual Oktoberfest.
Celebrating the area’s large German population, the town will be awash with lederhosen for three days from September 16.
With 60 food and drink stands as well as a live music stage, mayor Oscar Medina describes the festival as a ‘blend of German and Spanish cultures’.
“Torrox is happy to embrace its German inhabitants through the Oktoberfest,” Medina said. “The festival will take place near Urbanizacion Bau Hoffman which has been home to thousands of Germans since the 1970s.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36