FORMER boxing world champion Ricky Hatton’s fall from grace has been as dramatic as a heavyweight hitting the canvas.
The Hitman has been involved in two bar brawls in a matter of days in Tenerife, a far cry from the glory days when thousands of fans followed him to Las Vegas for bouts against the likes of Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.
Hatton’s latest barroom sparring partner – Brit holiday maker Daniel Culloty – was left hospitalised with several teeth missing after making a joke about the boxer’s karaoke performance.
Just two days before Irishman Stephen O’Hagan received a brown jaw, eye socket, nose and wrist after the hitman reacted badly to a joke about Manchester City during the Manchester derby.
Both incidents are said to have happened in the same Irish bar near to where Hatton now lives.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36