GIBRALTAR has been listed as a priority for Spain during the 71st United Nations General Assembly.
Spain’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in its statement at the beginning of the session that it would defend the principle of territorial integrity and application to Gibraltar.
Earlier this month, Spanish foreign minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo said he would brief EU ministers on joint-sovereignty of the Rock.
He then claimed Brexit represented the best opportunity since the 1713 Treaty of Utrecht for Spain to regain control of the British territory.
Gibraltar politicians, including first minister Fabian Picardo, have since criticised Margallo for having a ‘ridiculous obsession’ with claiming sovereignty of the Rock.
Spain’s other priorities include working on international peace, migration and humanitarian challenges, human rights, sustainable development, and the election of a new Secretary General and UN reform.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15