FOUR Spaniards and a Moroccan man were arrested yesterday for promoting and glorifying Islamist militancy on Facebook.
The group used the Facebook page ‘Islam en Español’ to glorify the actions of Islamic State in Syria and Iraq.
The page has promoted the significance of ‘martyrs’ and individual Jihad, and has 32,000 Spanish speaking followers.
It continues to gain around 500 followers each week.
Spain’s Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz described the site as an ‘active and dangerous’ terrorist cell which promotes Jihadism.
The arrests were made in Germany, Melilla, Barcelona and Brussels in Belgium.
The news comes after an ISIS supporter who had tried to cross into Syria was arrested in Murcia last week.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22