LEAKED records on Rafael Nadal and Mo Farah have shown they were permitted to use banned substances.
Hacker group Fancy Bears has released a list of World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) drug test results of well known athletes, which includes Britain’s Olympic golf champion Justin Rose.
The records show that Farah received a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) form to take triamcinolone, before being given permission to use three separate prohibited substances in 2014, including one by intravenous injection.
But when asked by the BBC if he had ever received a TUE in 2015, the Olympic legend specifically stated that he had only received one.
TUE’s allow athletes to take banned substances to treat illnesses or injuries if there are no other viable medical options.
The leak comes after Mo’s former coach Jama Aden became embroiled in a doping scandal earlier this year.
Spanish tennis legend Nadal, who has won every grand slam, includ
ing the French Open nine times in row, was issued TUE certificates in 2009 and 2012, when he was allowed to take the banned substances betamethasone and corticotrophins.
Olympic gold golfer Justin Rose also received a TUE this year to use prednisolone, the leak revealed.
WADA has confirmed the validity of the leak, saying the group had obtained the confidential details illegally.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03