THE mayor of Velez-Malaga has asked a public prosecutor to investigate irregularities in the stopping of the town’s tram systems.
Antonio Moreno Ferrer has announced that his PSOE party will take evidence to the judicial services that shows elements of the ‘paralysation’ of the tram service in 2012 were illegal.
He believes the paralysation – the stopping of services – and subsequent damage caused by lack of maintenance, the modification of the contract to replace trams with buses and the increase in public spending following the paralysation may all be illegal.
Former Mayor Francisco Delgado ended the tram service on June 4 2012, however the service’s reinstatement has become a priority under the current PSOE, PA and GIPMTM coalition.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16