THE body of a missing British man who went missing during a 2,250 km trek from London to Gibraltar has been found in Spain.
Former Leicester councillor David Oldman was found by hunters in La Concepcion, near Almeria, at around 11am yesterday morning.
Relatives of the 66 year old were informed yesterday afternoon and a post-mortem is due to take place today.
Mr Oldman was last seen on June 9 while trekking from Huercal-Overa in Almeria to the nearby town of Albox.
Concerns grew when he failed to ring his mum or board his flight home a few days later.
His family made a series of pleas on social media for help finding him, but an intensive four-week search had to be scaled back in July after it came up with nothing.
Mr Oldman had been walking from his hometown of London to Gibraltar in stages.
The part-time librarian, who was described as an ‘experienced and very fit walker’, would fly back home between each stage.
His niece said before the body was discovered: “He is a very experienced walker and was following a planned route from Gibraltar House in London to Gibraltar.
“This is what he does – this is his holiday and he is very fit and good at what he does.”
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47