ALWAYS looking for a new way to keep his regulars happy, Kees de Cock jumped at the opportunity to serve up red king crabs from the north of Norway.
And so impressed were his clients at Finca la Mota, in Alhaurin, last year, that he decided to set up a company to import the huge crustaceans, via a client, a fisherman, who has a holiday home nearby.
“This chap has been fishing them deep from the ocean for years and reckoned we should give it a try here,” explains Kees, a former Spanish and Moroccan tour guide.
“They are better than lobster and they went down so well we decided to set up a company to import them.”
Served up as a starter with rose island sauce, they arrived from Norway having been cooked and then frozen.
The business norcrab.es has been so successful that it has now expanded into quality naturally smoked salmon and other fishy delights.
He and his son Reuben have invested in a van and are now delivering up and down the Costa del Sol.
“We had no idea it was going to take off,” adds Kees. “But it definitely has.”
The pair are now gearing up for Christmas which they expect to be busy.
“We have the large size Norwegian King Crab (5L) and we can deliver to your home at €52 per kg.”
• For more information visit www.norcrab.es or call 609301035
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00