TEN years after Cafe Rojo opened its Irish Town doors in Gibraltar, owners Annette Heywood and her partner Luis Ansaldo Lopez are still cooking up a storm.
But an anniversary party on October 18 isn’t just a chance to sample Spanish head chef Luis’s delicious Mediterranean-style menu.
Oxfordshire-born manager Annette’s stunning nail varnish water art is on sale – as well as a raffle – with all proceeds going to The Animals in Need Foundation.
And at £17 to £20 a piece, dog-lover Annette’s colourful pieces would brighten up any wall.
“I started doing the paintings this year and loved it. I did so many I didn’t know what to do with them so I decided to sell them for charity,” said Annette.
“So far I’ve sold 52 pictures and that’s raised £236 to the Foundation. I’m hooked.”
Annette’s art is on display in Cafe Rojo – one happy customer snapped a piece up during our conversation – and they can also be bought in Cafe Solo, Sacarello’s and Town Range Dental Practice.
And the 47-year-old workaholic, who also designed the handsome wood fittings in Cafe Rojo’s 52-seat restaurant, has tried her hand at everything after 31 years in the restaurant business.
“I’ve always been a little bit arty,” she said.
“For years I redecorated the restaurant. I’m working on more of the paintings at the minute. You should see my kitchen! It’s full of them.”
And with dozens of Annette’s new paintings waiting to be framed, a splash of colour will soon be added to more Gibraltar homes.
Information: Annette Heywood
Tel: +350 200 51738
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00