A FAMILY is taking legal action against online ‘trolls’ who called for the death of their terminally ill son.
Adrian Hinojosa has always wanted to be a bullfighter, but his dreams were cut short when he was diagnosed with an incurable bone cancer last year.
The bull-fighting world took the eight-year-old boy into their heart and organised a corrida in Valencia, where he was taken into the ring.
They have also begun collecting funds to help research the disease.
But a small faction of anti-bullfighters, or anti-taurinos, disagreed with the move and began calling for the boy’s death on social media.
One user wrote: “Die now, die now, a sick child who wants to be cured to kill innocent and healthy herbivores who also want to live. Anda yaaaaa! Adrian, go die!”
Another added: “I don’t care about his life, and he’s probably being treated in the public system, using my money!”
Bullfighters lent their support to Adrian on social media, using the hashtag #Adriantevasacurar (Adrian you will be cured).
His father says the support and his time in the ring has given Adrian an ‘injection of strength.’
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16