A WOMAN has been killed and six others injured after a drunk driver careered off the road and into a childrens playground in Benalmadena.
Witnesses say a 35-year-old Ukranian woman was carried along the car bonnet for several seconds before she slid off and was run over.
She was rushed to Hospital Clinico but died from her injuries this morning.
Five of the others injured, including a two-year-old boy, are said to be fine, but one woman has had her leg broken.
The crash occured on Avenida Estrella del Mar on Monday night after the driver attempted to turn a corner at the street’s confluence with Ronda del Golf Oeste.
Police have confirmed he was three times over the legal alcohol limit.
He has since been arrested and is waiting to be charged.
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47