REALITY TV star Sam Faiers has been criticised for giving her 6-month-old son Spanish lessons.
Probably preparing her boy Paul for the many family trips to ‘Marbs’, the 25-year-old Essex lass said she wanted him to learn the language because of her connection to Spain.
She lived in Marbella from a young age and was fluent as a toddler.
The original TOWIE cast member made the comments during her new reality show The Mummy Diaries, but some viewers blasted the lessons as ‘ridiculous’.
“He can’t even walk yet, it’s stupid!” one said.
Others supported the move, agreeing with experts who have since said that it’s never too early to begin teaching children another language.
Language school Bilinguasing said: “Decades of research suggest that introducing babies to a second language before they are six months helps to shape the brain at its most flexible stage.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16