A BRITON has been arrested in Malaga in connection to UK drugs bust.
The 56 year old was held on a European Arrest Warrant in Sedella and is thought to have already appeared before an extradition judge in Madrid.
Olive Press sources claim the man arrested is Anthony Walker from Yorkshire.
He was wanted in connection with the seizure of more than three and a half tonnes of cannabis risen.
It was found in a furniture van that had been travelling from Malaga to Essex.
A police statement read: “Police have arrested a 56-year-old British man on foot of a European Arrest Warrant for drugs trafficking.
He was held after being tracked down to his home in Sedella.
“The arrest warrant states that in October 2014, the British police seized 3.7 tonnes of cannabis resin hidden in a lorry travelling from Malaga to Essex.”
The detainee allegedly formed part of the organisation behind it and hired the vehicle.”A court in St Albans issued an arrest warrant on November 19 last year for a class B drugs trafficking offence which is punishable by a prison sentence of up to 14 years.”It is not yet known if he will be extradited.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15