MARBELLA-BASED Costa Gaels have stormed to the top of the league in the Andalucian Gaelic football championship.
In a resounding away win, the men in blue recorded a 16-point victory over last year’s champions Eire Og Sevilla.
A hatrick from Wicklow man Dean Kirwan sealed a 1-10 (13) – 4-17 (29) victory for the Gaels in their second fixture of the season.
It follows an impressive opening day win against Gibraltar Gaels, who sit second in the table after beating the Sevilla outfit.
Eire Og Sevilla will now travel to Marbella Rugby Club on December 3 for the reverse fixture.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36