A TEENAGE expat has her sights set on the X Factor after wowing the Costa del Sol at a talent competition.
Paris Gibson, 16, beat nine competitors to claim first prize in the Spain’s Got Talent event, organised by the Spanish Estate Agents and held at Benarama’s L’Oriental restaurant.
She impressed the organisers so much that they offered her a gig at an upcoming fashion show.
“The support from friends and locals has been amazing,” Paris told the Olive Press. “It’s helped me realise how much I want a career in singing, it’s what I love to do.”
The British College student admitted it took her a while pluck up the courage to share her voice with the world after suffering from crippling stagefright.
She said: “It was terrible, I would just break down and run off stage. But my singing lessons and the support from my mum and friends have really helped me get my confidence back.”
Paris, who attends Nelson’s Music Academy in Fuengirola, has now decided to audition for the next series of the UK’s X Factor.
“It’s really exciting, I’m not seeking fame or fortune, I just want to be able to sing for a living and I think the show is a great platform.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15