A MASSIVE search is underway to try find two missing Dutch teens.
Sixteen-year-olds Femke Lucas and Sam Bruijs could be in Marbella after catching a flight from Eindhoven to Malaga on Tuesday evening.
Described as an out of character disappearance, they left without any luggage or their mobile phones.
Dutch newspaper Omroep Brabant, who spoke to Dutch police, said the girls were last seen getting on a bus from the Spanish airport on CCTV.
The force and the Spanish national police are now working on a lead that they could be in the Costa del Sol resort.
According to the Dutch police, one of the girls has used a credit card while in the country.
Angelica van der Heijden, a spokeswoman for Femke’s family, said: “They are nice girls with lots of friends and have never run away before.
“We don’t think they have any links to Malaga.
“They left both their mobile phones and luggage at home.
“It is very emotional.”
The girls’ dads are believed to have joined police in the search in Spain.
Hotels and youth hostels have been informed.
“We hope that with all the media attention, the Facebook messages and leaflets they will be found”, said van der Heijden.
“They don’t have much money with them, so will probably not be staying in a hotel.”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09