PENSIONERS have revealed their fears about losing their access to free Spanish healthcare.
Some of those who have retired to Andalucia now think they may be forced to return to Britain if Brexit negotiations do not go well to get continued access to essential medication and services.
Their worries were highlighted at a recent meeting in Mijas, where they talked to Reuters about their concerns over the UK’s EU divorce process.
Currently, pensioners can get free access to the Spanish health system thanks to the UK, who ultimately picks up their bills.
But nothing has yet been decided about the future of the agreement.
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01