A BOMB squad has been called to Puerto Banus to investigate a suspicious package.
The roads surrounding the Playas del Duque area have been closed off after a suspicious black suitcase was spotted by authorities.
Meanwhile a blast in an apartment block in nearby San Pedro has left a man seriously burnt.
Olive Press sources say he has been rushed to hospital while others are being attended to.
It has initially been put down to a ‘gas cannister explosion’ while police investigate further.
A National Police source in Malaga has told the Olive Press that Andalucia has been placed on high alert level 4 and that authorities will be on extra guard, especially between January 5 – 8.
The source said there have been fears of an ‘imminent attack for weeks’.
A Guardia Civil source meanwhile told the Olive Press the police controls are at the highest they have been ‘in a year, everyone is on high alert’.
There have been claims that police plan to use a high-tech scrambling device for mobile phones in areas of high tourist and public concentration for the Reyes processions on January 5.
More to follow…
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16