A GUNMAN has opened fire in a supermarket in Spain.
The attacker, who was reportedly carrying gasoline and gunpowder, walked into the Mercadona in As Lagoas in Northwest region of Ourense.
He opened fire into the air, causing nearby emergency services to swoop into the building.
The young man, who lives next door to the shop, is said to have psychological problems.
Luckily none were injured during the attack, which happened at around 2pm, but many were left shaken.
An employee told press of how he shouted the Arabic phrase for ‘God is great’ before he opened fire, but that claim has since been refuted by staff of the store.
Witnesses said there was panic and screaming before nearby officers shouted at them to move out of the way.
The attacker reportedly shot at police officer Carlos Perez, 38, who revealed he had to wait for back up.
Cops were able to detain him after he ran out of ammunition.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35