HECTOR BELLERIN has revealed the family meaning behind his tattoos for the first time.
The Arsenal full-back has had one designed for each close family member, spending at least 24 hours under the needle.
The Spaniard, who recently signed a lucrative six-year deal with the London club, was just sixteen when he left Catalunya for London.
“That’s when I had my first one, the rosary,” he said.
“My grandma always used to buy them for me, but I could not wear them on the pitch because I am not allowed to wear jewellery, so I decided to get it tattooed.
“Then all of my sleeve represents my family, my little cousin, grandma, sister, my mum and dad and my grandad. Everything is all about my family.
He added: “The one on my right hand means friend in Arabic and I got it with a friend.”
The star also had ‘tato’ – a Spanish word for brother – inked on himself along with best Arsenal buds Jon Toral, Emilio Martinez and Ignasi Miguel.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09