THE mayor of a small Granada town has spoken of her ‘revulsion’ at the execution of a local expat’s rescue dogs.
Práxedes Moreno Urrutia, of Caniles, spoke out after reading the shocking account of Illona Mitchell’s animals in the Olive Press last issue, which was later followed up in the UK and across Spain (see page 6).
“I have to express my total revulsion,” she said in a statement, “I hope the culprits pay for this.
“I, like the majority of Canileros, are lovers of animals and in my house we have a dog who we treat like a member of the family.”
She added: “If it is revealed that the culprit is from Caniles, I will publicly ask for forgiveness on my behalf and on the behalf of all Canileros.”
Expat Mitchell claims that five dogs shot and a horse attacked was instigated by hunters.
Police have already interviewed several hunters and the investigation continues.
“Since your story they are really looking into it,” Mitchell told the Olive Press, “I would have liked them to have started sooner, but at least something seems to be being done now.”
The dogs who survived the attack are still visibly shaken.
“Molly, whose puppy was killed, isn’t eating because she’s still traumatised,” added Mitchell, “I don’t think they will ever be the same.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15