THE remains of a missing Scottish expat may have been found after she vanished from her home in southern Spain more than a year ago.
Lisa Brown, 33, disappeared from the house she shared with lover Simon Corner in Guadiaro in November 2015.
It was feared she may have been murdered before being dumped into the sea, but Spanish cops never ruled out that she may have been buried on land.
It comes after forensic officers last year revealed that a violent incident had taken place at the property she shared with yacht salesman Corner.
A spokesman for the Civil Guard said: “More than 20 Civil Guard officers along with town hall workers with excavating machines participated in the operation.
“During the new search carried out this morning, objects and remnants have been found that have been sent to our Criminalistic Service for further analysis.”
Lisa’s brother Craig Douglas has been encouraged by the new find.
He said: “They have kept us up to date with as much information as possible.
“There are some things that they can’t tell us and we appreciate that.
“It is encouraging that things are still ongoing and the people who are investigating are being relentless.
“They will not let this go just like we as a family won’t either.
“The ultimate aim is to get answers and make sure the people responsible get their time.
“We are optimistic that will happen.”
A source close to the investigation said ‘the operation will now be suspended while the objects are looked at to see if they have any bearing on this case.’
Boyfriend Corner is currently in jail in Spain awaiting trial.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15