COPS in Malaga have raided a local Internet service provider who was providing illegal streaming of Premier League football matches online.
The Policia Nacional posted a video of the raid on Twitter, saying that they have teamed up with Premier League bosses to crack down on illegal streaming.
In the post, the Spanish Police said: “One goal against piracy! Spanish Police and Premier League join forces to raid a local ISP in Malaga(Spain) offering unauthorised matches.”
— Policía Nacional (@policia) February 9, 2017
The Police were informed of Y Internet’s unlawful actions by an Irdeto investigator.
Thousands across the UK and Spain illegally stream football matches.
Premier League Director of Legal Services, Kevin Plumb, said: “The raids conducted by the Spanish authorities, supported in this case by Irdeto’s expertise, are a positive example of law enforcement taking piracy and IP infringement seriously.
“This approach is essential for organisations like the Premier League – and other creative industries – as our model is predicated on the ability to market and sell rights and protect intellectual property.
“It is because of this that clubs can invest in star players and managers, and world class stadiums – the very things fans enjoy about our competition.”
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35