There was a party atmosphere at the home match against Almeria earlier this month as swarms of fans watched Marbella win 31-21.
It came after the much-loved club had its bank account frozen due to a disputed property tax debt.
The uncertain future led the club to make the game free to attend so that fans could show their support.
Supporters donated via collection tins, and through buying merchandise and drinks in the clubhouse.
Fans held up signs stating ‘we are with Marbella Rugby Club’ and waved the club’s flags.
As well as its first team, the club has over 250 youngsters of all nationalities training every weekend.
Rugby clubs across the country have voiced their support, as well as international kit supplier Canterbury.
Marbella’s water polo and basketball team, who have also faced difficulties due to the lack of facilities in Marbella, also voiced their support.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35