THE former RTN newspaper has relaunched today after their brand name was acquired by a rival newspaper.
The Alicante-based publication, which was voted the second-best expat newspaper in Spain at the noted TESCA awards last year, will now be under the name Xpat News.
A full explanation of the brand change has been given by editor Jack Troughton in the first edition, which hit the streets today.
“We are confident that we can continue the success of Round Town News,” Troughton told the Olive Press, “We have the same team, the same quality and pedigree, and we will be bringing in some new talent too.”
“I’d rather not comment on what exactly has happened,” he added.
Its owner Danny Wilkinson, however, was more forthcoming.
While he was ‘delighted’ with the new paper and how well it has been received by its advertisers and loyal readers, he added: “What has happened to us is typical of how things work in Spain at times and it has sadly happened before,” he said.
“The truth will out.”
He continued: “We have confidence in our new paper and that karma will count in the end.”
The popular paper has been printing since 1999 and distributes from Cartagena to Valencia.
On the new branding, Troughton added: “At a time of Brexit, the word ‘expat’ is everywhere and we know that when our readers see that word on the shelves they will immediately identify with it.”
Visit their new website here: www.thexpatnews.com
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen found in Malaga well - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50