The Guardia Civil have launched an investigation after he was found with his face and limbs ripped to shreds, injuries that are consistent with fighting off a pack of dogs.
Officers said the wounds suggest he put up a fierce struggle before bleeding to death.
Investigators visited nearby houses where they found that one neighbour had five dogs – all pitbull and bullterrier mixed breeds – which are classified as ‘potentially dangerous breeds’ under Spanish law.
Despite not seeing blood stains on the dogs, officers noticed that one of the animals had a wet coat, as if it had just been washed down, although the owner claimed it had fallen into the swimming pool.
Police said only one of the dogs had a chip and that the owner did not have the correct permits for the dangerous breeds.
Under Spanish law, owners of ‘perros potencialmente peligrosas’ (PPP) – which include pit bull terriers, rottweilers, Staffordshire bull terriers, American Staffordshire terriers, dogo argentinos, fila brasileiros, Tosa Inus, and Akita Inus – must have a licence and keep their dogs muzzled and on a tight leash when outdoors.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15