MARIANO RAJOY has slammed Andalucian chief Susana Diaz while claiming the region needs ‘better leaders’.
The Spanish prime minister made the comments during a meeting with Andalucia’s Partido Popular leader Juan Manuel Moreno.
Rajoy said: “Andalucia has all it needs to be at the forefront of Spain and Europe.
“The only thing it needs are better leaders, that work for the common interest and don’t just dedicate themselves to cementing their party in power.”
Moreno, who will be running unchallenged for re-election as the region’s PP leader, later added that Diaz is ‘not compatible’ with her current role.
“While she dithers around, Andalucia is bleeding,” he said.
It is not yet known if Diaz will run to be head of the Junta again in 2019, as she continues to weigh up running for national leader of the PSOE.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16