The 25-year-old, who weighed 47 stone, was too big to fit down the halls in his apartment block.
Paramedics who arrived to take him to hospital had to call fireman when they realised it would require heavy lifting machinery to remove him.
The unnamed man died a couple of hours after emergency services were first called on Tuesday morning.
His body was removed by firemen via his balcony in San Juan de Aznalfarache near Sevilla.
Ayuntamiento bosses agreed to pay for his funeral after it emerged his family were poverty stricken and could not afford it.
He was buried Wednesday afternoon.
He died of natural causes linked to his obesity.
According to World Health Organisation figures, some 22.8% of Spanish men are obese, while among Spanish women the figure is higher at 24.7%.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16