The 12% increase on 2015 saw the Galicia-based company’s profits climb to €3.1 billion.
More than 50% of the sales came from Zara, just one of the giant’s many clothing brands, which include Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius.
Reporting on the annual results in March, the company’s chairman and CEO Pablo Isla thanked the group’s 160,000 employees based across 93 countries.
It was also revealed that Inditex founder Amancio Ortega, the second richest man in the world, made off with a €1.3 billion dividend thanks to the booster year.
The group’s most popular outlet – Zara – is now preparing to open its biggest store in the world.
Based in Madrid, the huge 6,000 square metre shop will open to the public on April 7.
Inditex opened 279 stores around the world in 2016, bringing its total to 7,292.
It is thought to be the most successful fashion retail company on the planet, with many praising its business model, which sees it refresh its stock with the latest runway fashions every few weeks.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16