According to the annual Made in Country Index, which ranks how products made in different countries are viewed, goods made in Germany are the most trusted.
The ‘Made in Country’ label was first introduced by the UK 130 years ago in a bid to protects its good from German imitations.
But the tables seem to have turned, with goods labelled ‘Made in UK’ coming in fourth on the index.
The UK brand was also beaten by ‘Made in the EU’, which came third, scoring highly in the categories of quality and technology.
The EU classification was only introduced by the European Commission in 2003, but has already won much respect and status around the world.
The survey, carried out by Statista, spoke to 40,000 global consumers.
German goods were associated with quality and safety, and were ranked number one by 13 countries, including Spain.
Spain came in at 20th on the list, with its products being especially appreciated in Latin America, North Africa and the Middle East.
The goods are seen as being good value for money, having good quality and design.
Second place went to Switzerland after it scored highly in status and authenticity.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03