POLICE in Estepona are searching for ‘gypsy-looking’ man after he allegedly tried to abduct a three-year-old girl.
Described as balding, around 50 years old and with a scar on his face, he allegedly tried to snatch the British girl after telling her he would buy her sweets.
Policia Local said they were investigating following the mother’s claims, but they have yet to make an arrest.
The alleged incident is said to have occured around 3pm last Tuesday as the 27-year-old expat mum was taking her daughter to dance class in Estepona.
She claims the stranger grabbed her daughter’s hand and promised to buy her sweets after getting a young boy who was with him to strike up a conversation.
According to the mother, they both fled after her daughter began screaming for help.
She called the authorities immediately before sharing a warning on Facebook.
She said: “Please be aware that in the Estepona area there is a man in his 50s going around trying to take children.
“He attempted to take my daughter. He uses a child to talk to the other children and then takes their hands and tries to take them.
“Everyone with children or who knows someone with children should be very careful and not let your child out of your sight.
“The police have been informed and are doing everything they can to find them.
“The man has greying hair and a scar on the right side of his head.”
A police spokesman said: “We are investigating an allegation from a woman who says someone tried to take her child.”
The man in question was wearing dark blue trousers and a black shirt.
The boy with him is thought to have been aged around seven.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15