A FORMER king had a right royal time at an English Premier League match.
Ex-king of Spain Juan Carlos was spotted enjoying himself with Manchester City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak at his team’s clash with Liverpool at the Etihad stadium in Manchester.
Ferrán Soriano, the chief executive officer of the team, was also at the king’s side in a box during the tough game, which ended with a 1-1 draw.
It is the second time in recent years that Carlos, 79, has visited the stadium, following a trip in 2014 shortly after abdicating the throne to his son and current head of state, King Felipe VI.
Then he watched City trounce Tottenham with a 4-1 defeat.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09