RYANAIR’S ground handling staff could go on strike over unpaid wages dispute.
Staff at Alicante–Elche airport have called for a four-day strike starting on Good Friday and ending on Easter Monday after it was alleged some part-time staff are owed up to €1,000 by the low-cost airline.
The strike could cause havoc during such a popular travel period.
Last year, almost three million Ryanair passengers visited Alicante–Elche, the main airport serving the Valencian community and Murcia region.
Other airlines offering flights from the airport are Air Nostrum, Evelop Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle and Spanish airline Vueling.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33