TAXI drivers and baggage handlers are going on strike in Mallorca.
The cabbies held a protest in Palma as part of a nationwide stance against Uber.
Some 500 are believed to have taken part in the demo yesterday, which brought traffic in the capital to a standstill.
The drivers fear current legislation is not tough enough to prevent the car hire app from being allowed to launch in Spain.
Uber’s are often cheaper than taxis and are accused of undercutting traditional cab drivers in places like London or New York, where the company has flourished.
It comes as baggage handlers at Palma airport confirmed they are to strike over four days, starting on April 29.
They will also refused to handle bags on May 3, 18 and 28.
It follows a chaotic Easter weekend which saw thousands of British travellers facing lengthy delays at passport control, due to increased security checks.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16