BRITISH tourists caught romping on the streets of Mallorca could face a €2,700 fine under new laws.
Anyone caught drinking from a bottle in the streets of El Arenal could also face a €1,500 penalty.
Llucmajor is the latest to get tough on boozing tourists after Calvia Council recently brought in a 109-strong list of new infringements that could get you a €100 fine.
The new set of bylaws have been approved by the council just in time for the summer season, with ‘very serious’ breaches punishable with a maximum fine of €2,700.
The councillor for police and citizenship Gori Estarellas said the new regulations are ‘brief and very practical and reflect the complaints that we have received basically in summer in El Arenal and the coastal area’.
The laws are said to be designed to combat ‘noise, alcohol consumption and the concentrations of people on the street’.
They have been described as ‘very necessary’ by the council, while mayor Bernadi Vives said they will be adapted as the summer progresses.
The maximum fines will be applied to anyone found boozing in the street or seen to be disturbing the peace of the resort.
Fines range from €50 to €750 for minor offences and between €1,500 and €2,700 for more serious ones.
The ‘serious’ category includes ‘offering, soliciting, negotiating and accepting sexual services in public spaces’, ‘acts of exhibitionism, proposition or provocation of a sexual nature’ and ‘performing sexual acts in public spaces’.
Ball games in the street will also be cracked down on.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23