SCORES of British holidaymakers have been left furious after discovering their hotel in Mallorca is not ready for guests.
The AluaSoul Mallorca hotel, in Cal d’Or, was allegedly due to open on May 1, but fell behind schedule, forcing holiday companies to scramble to find alternative accommodation for arriving tourists.
Some holidaymakers claim they were only told that their hotel wasn’t ready once they had arrived on the island.
Others who are due to fly out in the early hours of the morning claim they still have not been contacted by holiday companies, including Thomson.
One customer wrote on Facebook: “This is disgusting. We leave for the airport in the morning at 5am.
“No one at all has contacted me with regards to this holiday. It is ridiculous I hope you will be offering compensation for all the upset.”
Another received a call the night before she was due to fly out.
“I got my call at 5pm last night and I was due to fly out at 3pm today, it’s appalling!” she said, “They offered us a place in a lesser rated family hotel – we said no and so they said the only option was to cancel.”
Others described scenes of holidaymakers being left in tears.
“I arrived on May 2 to be transferred to a family hotel after contacting Thomson’s and the hotel who both assured me it would be open May 1,” one lambasted, “Disgraceful customer care, numerous people in tears today, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.”
Thomson Holidays has told its customers: “We would like to apologise for the disruption caused to our customers due to an unforeseen delay to the opening of the AluaSoul Mallorca.
“Any affected customers will be contacted directly by our Programme Change team as soon as possible.”
It added that it would be contacting holidaymakers in order of departure date, and that those who send a private message should receive a reply in two hours at the latest.
Its current room rate is listed at €253 per person per night for half board.
More to follow…
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22