A BRITISH rugby player who was found dead in Mallorca bought cocaine the night before his death, it has been claimed.
Luke Hole, 29, from Wales, was found dead at the four-star Melia Sol House hotel last week after a night out in Magaluf with his rugby friends.
He had just finished competing in the Mallorca Beach Rugby tournament, which involved teams from all over Europe.
Sources close to the investigation said Luke had purchased the A-Class drug during an all-night binge following the tournament’s end.
One said: “His roommates told police he had bought cocaine in the hours leading up to his death.
“It is likely the combination of drugs and drink played a part in his death.
“Blood and tissue sample tests will detect if he took cocaine if it wasn’t obvious from the autopsy.
“It’s a tragic waste of a young life.”
Luke died after suffering from cardiac arrest.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23