AN Andalucian badminton star has won her third European Championship in a row.
Carolina Marin beat Scotland’s Kirsty Gilmour 21-14 21-12 in less than an hour to clinch victory.
Marin managed to see off the Brit in Kolding, Denmark, making her the joint most decorated player in singles Badminton, tied with Dane Camilla Martin.
The match was a rematch of last year’s final in La Roche-sur-Yon, France.
Marin is the only woman from outside of Asia to have won the Olympic singles gold medal.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02