AROUND 600 lawyers have signed a manifesto in favour of holding a referendum on Catalunyan independence.
The lawyers say the Catalunyan Independence referendum conforms to the constitution, and gave full support to the calling of a vote.
The signing took place at the Bar Association, with the lawyers declaring it “legitimate and legal”.
UAB Constitutional Law professor, Mercè Barceló, stated that the signers are in a position to affirm that the referendum is not a legal problem, but a political one.
Catalunya’s Minister of Justice, Carles Mundó, was also present at the signing of the manifesto.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09