IT has only been a decade in the making.
But finally, a few of the Olive Press team have actually been to see our paper making it off the presses.
Publisher Jon Clarke and news editor Laurence Dollimore were on hand to welcome in the first few issues of our third edition in Mallorca.
After an initial hiccup when one of the massive machines broke down, the talented team of printers at Omniprint oversaw a print run of 10,000 copies.
Over in under an hour the first edition was pulled together, packaged and ready to go out of the door of the giant printworks in Santa Maria del Cami by midnight.
“It was a proud moment and by 10am the following morning there were hundreds of people seen reading the paper in Portal Nous, Andratx and Palma,” said Clarke, who previously worked as a news reporter at the Mail on Sunday and Daily Mail.
After expanding around the whole of Andalucia and into Gibraltar two years ago, the Olive Press is now set to become firmly established on the stunning Balearic island.
“The best thing by far was taking a drive around the island a few days later and finding it in the lobby of a hotel in Soller and even in the Robert Graves museum in Deia,” added Clarke.
The paper will be readily available in the four corners of the island and every town and village every two weeks from now on.
Contact the team at 951 273 575 or email@example.com to find out the nearest location to find your popular paper voted ‘Spain’s Best Expat Paper’ in the London TESCA awards.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23