A VELEZ-Malaga councillor expelled from the Ciudadanos party for testing positive on a breath test has joined the Socialist party.
After sitting as an independent for seven months, Antonio Moreno Ocon has now joined the PSOE, giving their coalition with the PA and GIPMTM overall control of the Vélez-Málaga town hall.
Mr Ocón had been expelled in 2015 after being caught three times over the blood alcohol rate while driving in Torre del Mar.
Mayor Antonio Moreno Ferrer said: “I believe in a person like Moreno Ocón who comes here to work in Vélez-Málaga.”
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02