IBEX banks gained almost €4 billion in profit in the first quarter of this year.
That’s a 20.4% increase on last year’s figures, and it’s down to factors such as the integration of new businesses and international market promotion.
Companies that contributed to the growth include Santander, BBVA, CaixaBank, Sabadell and more.
The only exception has been Popular, which lost €137 million in profits compared to last year.
Ibex’s net interest income at is estimated at €500 million between January and March of this year.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33