THE British mother of a cancer-stricken 11-year-old has praised expats and locals for a spate in blood donations.
Sarah Gorman’s daughter Serena Chappell, born in Marbella, fell ill a few weeks ago and was diagnosed with Leukemia at Son Espases hospital.
But it soon emerged there was a desperately low supply of her blood type and few British people are eligible to donate due to a ruling over Mad Cow disease.
Her father John Chappell, 34, appealed to big-hearted Olive Press readers to come to the rescue.
“The reaction has been amazing,” mum Sarah told the Olive Press, “the blood bank has gone from five days stock to full stock.
“Thank you all so much, keep giving as there is always someone who needs this, it isn’t just for my baby but for everyone out there.”
While the stock is now full the family are asking people to let themselves be known to the hospital so that they can be contacted when more blood is needed.
Serena is recovering from her first round of chemotherapy.
“She’s very up and down,” Sarah said, “She gets fed up easily and wants to see her friends, but no visits are allowed yet.”
Serena will face another bout of chemo in the coming weeks.
Anyone with O Negative blood who wishes to be available to donate, contact Son Espases hospital on 871205000 or go to the Blood Bank / Donation centre at Carrer de Rosselló i Caçador, 20, 07004 Palma (971764433).
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15