A HUGE classic and luxury car event christened the Sotogrande Gran Prix will set motoring buffs’ hearts racing this month.
Cars registered between 1920 and 1965 from across Europe are expected to roar into the exclusive resort from May 26, with their drivers following a route which starts in Sevilla with a Cordoba stopover.
They will arrive from 4.30pm in the marina, at the same time as GT cars taking part in another rally along a different route.
The La Reserva Golf Club will be the focal point for the fixture, with three days of exhibitions of classic and luxury cars planned.
It will be the starting location of May 27 Concours d’Elegance parade, which will showcase 50 of the best-preserved cars to judges.
An exhibition by Bonhams featuring cars set to be auctioned later in the year will run in a marquee at the club from 10am on the same day.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09