A SUPERYACHT that Barack Obama once partied on has dropped anchor in Mallorca.
The 454ft Rising Sun, the 11th largest recreational boat in the world, is owned by billionaire media mogul David Geffen and reportedly worth a cool €250 million.
Ex-US president Obama joined buddies, guitarist Bruce Springsteen, actor Tom Hanks and TV host Oprah Winfrey for a recent break onboard the Rising Sun in French Polynesia.
“What happens on the boat, stays on the boat,” chirped Winfrey upon her return.
Hanks was a little more forthcoming, joking; ‘Look, imagine what it could’ve been like it, triple it. It was off the scale, fantastic’.
Five storeys high, the mega yacht Rising Sun can hold 45 crew and 16 guests in eight cabins.
It has its own basketball court which doubles as a helicopter pad as well as space for a private submarine.
A wine cellar, private cinema and gymnasium are sure to keep guests entertained, and with a speed of 28 knots it’s certainly no slouch.
The Rising Sun was custom built in 2004 by Lurssen Yachts and designed by Jon Bannenberg.
Geffen, whose record label introduced Nirvana to the world, bought the yacht in 2010 from US businessman Larry Ellison, the fifth richest man in America.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00