Two British men have been arrested after mowing down pedestrians in Marbella.
The men, aged 27 and 28, were involved in an incident which saw eight people injured, including a seven-week-old baby.
The incident is said to have taken place outside Ocean Club, located on the Costa del Sol resort’s Golden Mile, where guests had been enjoying the annual champagne party.
After the crash, the men allegedly tried to flee, hitting several cars as they did so.
There were initial fears the incident was terrorism-related but police have now ruled this out, confirming the driver was drunk.
He is believed to have been asked to leave after a fight.
Police are now investigating whether he deliberately mounted the pavement and drove down a pedestrian area.
More as it happens.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02