TWO British men accused of driving into pedestrians while high on drugs have appeared in court.
Liam Anthony O’Neill and Marcus Eric Stewart, both 27, were involved in an incident which saw ten people injured after their car mounted the pavement and drove towards pedestrians.
Both appeared in Marbella court where they denied being under the influence of drugs and being involved in a fight.
They are also set to face a further two charges of attempted homicide, two of endangering road safety and one of causing injury.
Both men have both lived in Spain for four years, and were driving a right-hand drive English registered Audi.
O’Neill has since been released on €25,000 bail, while Stewart remains behind bars.
The incident is said to have taken place outside Ocean Club, located on the Costa del Sol resort’s Golden Mile, where guests had been enjoying the annual champagne party.
After the crash, the men allegedly tried to flee, hitting several cars as they did so.
There were initial fears the incident was terrorism-related but police have now ruled this out.
The investigation has yet to establish which of the men was driving the Audi A7 at the time of the incident.
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00